Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blow out!

Okay, so I think I also want to use this for a research diary/log for my progress so that I can have written evidence/proof of my academic work. I had a big blow with the advisor today, so this has been influenced by his truly. If I ever become an academic advisor/professor, I will definitely know what not to do!!

So today I have been sticking to going over the papers that I have deemed important or potentially important by summarizing, referencing them in EndNote, and placing this in a word document. I have done this for both hypersonics and conical projects. This seems to be going well since I can now quickly look at what I have been over and quickly reference them in my theses. I can also look through the list since I have placed the references under categories so that when I reach a place in my theses I can quickly add the information needed by going back through the paper. Thirdly and finally, by summarizing the paper or making a few notes and placing them in categories I can quickly find and read information I forgot (since there are so many papers).

So I have, well, I was going to tell how many references I had, but I am having problems with Word and Endnote.

No comments: