Monday, May 31, 2010

Update

The past week I have been working on my Fluid Dynamics Conference (FDC) paper. It is coming along nicely. However, there is plenty left to do. I am just at the point of applying the boundary conditions (BCs) after I have successfully figured out the particular solution for my general solution for the governing Bragg-Hawthorne-Long-Squire Equation (BHLSE).

I have also added material to the Bernoulli function section in my thesis which I plan to use, if wanted/needed, for the conference/journal papers, but it is not fully complete yet since I have been focusing totally on the solution. Additional material has also been added to the section over the BHLSE (general info such as first appearances).

I need to go over some parameters for the simulation so that I can give Jeisson the mesh file to generate our models. Still need to research on the CFD for inviscid and viscous models for this complex swirling flow.

I also need to work on the BL and UDV paper.

Unfortunately the hypersonics has been pushed to the back burner at the moment, but it is still in the back of my mind. I still plan to get all or the majority of my hypersonic thesis completed by the summer so that I can graduate as soon as possible. The ground testing section only needs a couple of more paragraphs with several needed source entries.

I feel as if the progress has been good, but I need to keep it up to reach my goal of complete finishing by May 2012.

No comments: