Friday, May 7, 2010

Word Problems

Ok so the problem with Word was bigger than I thought, but fairly easy to fix. Every time I tried to save, close, or edit the document (change add-ins, since Endnote was not appearing) Word froze and was not responding. I thought, great, going to spend all day trying to figure this out, and I do not want to have to reinstall everything.

However, with some googling, I found that this is somewhat of a common problem, especially after updates. It seems that either the Normal.doc template is corrupt or the Windows Word Data registry becomes corrupt. Here is a link that easily solved the problem for me (registry edit fix it for me).


Update- 6-14-10
I'm glad I posted this because it has happened again! This time on my desktop. The problem now seems to be with Mathtype and/or OriginPro8. Here are some additional links to the same post earlier.



PS My laptop is running Windows 7 (updated from Vista), and my desktop still has Vista at the moment.

1 comment:

timmay143 said...

Also, fyi, you may have to re-enable the Endnote add-in (Cite while you write) to get the tab to reappear.